Saturday, March 22, 2008

David Brooks Says: Chin Up

I don't know about you, but I love greatest hits cds. ESPECIALLY on the iPod. Nothing better than when forgotten single after forgotten single come blaring through your shelf system.

Similarly, I'd like to revisit perhaps my favorite column from my favorite center-right columnist. Great advice from 2006. The predecessor alliance of Dude Weekend, remember, originated the Crevice of Knowledge. The CK was also known as the Athens of the Mid-Atlantic in the early 21st century.

Also, via Wikipedia, here's a funny quote from Brooks' college days, talking about the sadly recently deceased William F. Buckley:
In the afternoons he is in the habit of going into crowded rooms and making everybody else feel inferior. The evenings are reserved for extended bouts of name-dropping.
Buckley thought it was so funny that he hired him (and later converted him to the Republican way).

No comments: