Friday, February 1, 2008

More Top Gun deleted scenes

The maulana is right- tom cruise’s reputation, if not his career, is taking a swan dive into the shitter. The creepy scientology videos, the secrecy, the gradual transformation of once-sexy katie holmes into a taller, more masculine version of tom cruise, etc… This he can recover from. But the exclusive material that dudeweekend has obtained over the past few days puts his entire career into question. So here, direct from Paramount Pictures most secret vaults, is more of the original top gun dialogue and, for the first time, a still that was cut from the original version.

SCENE

[a nondescript hangar, shortly before a scheduled air combat “hop”]

Maverick: “I fly million dollar airplanes, and they can’t do something about this heat? I poured about a pound of Gold Bond down the front and back of my flight suit this morning, and it didn’t do a thing.”

Goose: “fuck this, it feels like we are in the Gobi desert- I’m getting a rash…”

Maverick: “Check out Iceman over there…he looks so fresh and comfortable. How does he do it? Man I hate that guy.”

Goose: “You know what’s not sexy? These sweat stains on the asscrack of my flight suit.”

Maverick: “Wait, why are you wearing a polo shirt and carrying a briefcase?”

SCENE

[Iceman confronts Maverick in a tense locker room encounter]

Iceman: “what the fuck! I walk in to the locker room and find my RIO fooling around with someone else? He sits in MY backseat for a reason!”

Busted, Slider looks on sheepishy while using the towel to clean off

Maverick: “Wait, Kaczinsky, I didn’t…we werent”

Iceman interrupts Maverick

Iceman: “Fuck you Mav- you’ve got a reputation, and I know how you operate. He was trying you on like a new baseball glove!”

Maverick gets in Iceman’s face, shaking his fist in anger

Maverick: “OK! So what if I was? All that shirtless flexing during volleyball…mmm… can you blame me? I like bears, ok! My backseater wore sweatpants. It looked like he was ready to do Jazzercise, not hit the showers.”

In the background Goose enthusiastically sings a few lines of Kenny Loggin’s “Playin with the Boys”

Goose: “Knock, knock, knockin on wood/ Bodies workin’ overtime/ Man against man”

Slider: “anyone seen my watch?”

This is the screen test from the guy who was originally slated to play the role of Kelly McGillis. A producer’s note obtained by dudeweekend says that he should be cut because of the spiderweb tattoo on his shoulder. They thought it was “too gay.”



No comments: